Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Update Wednesday

While I am scaling the penny farthing and the Duesenberg Model J on paper, I will be starting work on a new kinetic piece.

Making the tutorials and videos of my sculptures flipped a switch in my mind, and inspired the idea for my new kinetic project. The cameras I use for this blogallery are all digital, and Hollywood has abandoned film in favor of digital, but not too long ago mechanical cameras ruled the day, and before our modern era of talkies, were the days of moving pictures; Nickelodeons; and, earlier still, kinetoscopes. I know that Kansas isn't quite Hollywood, but let us hope that Kansas is far enough west for me to evade Edison's patent attorneys, because I am producing my very own Edisonian kinetoscope which will be made from one hundred percent black annealed bailing wire. No film required.

In addition to these projects, be sure to stop by the blog on the first Tuesday of October for the first of a three part micro tutorial series covering bending basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment